Engagement Session Guide
you got this!
My approach for photographing couples in love is to encourage an experience where I'm capturing the tenderness that already exisits
Preparing for Your Photo Session
- Wear something that you feel great in. You have the best instinct for picking something flattering for yourself. If you feel good in it, it’s a good that you also look good!
- Relax and trust me to find good photos of you through the process of the photo session. My highest goal is getting great photos for you to cherish for years to come. Throughout the session I'll mix candid, unposed moments with direction where I give you simple suggestions to help you look your best.
Looking your best for your engagement session...
outfits that photograph well
Shopping Resources In Asheville:
The Asheville Mall
Asheville Outlet Mall
Online shopping resources:
rule of thumb
- Avoiding matching outfits (like matching colors)
- Instead pick outfits to coordinate and compliment each other
- If one person wears a print the other should wear a solid. Avoid t-shirts, cotton/jersey t-shirt material, sneakers, hiking shoes, or hiking sandals (example: Teva's)
- Jewel tones photograph great. Consider one person wearing neutral tones while the other person wears jewel tones.
- If one person wears a print, the other should wear solid colors.
- Pick a style of outfit that goes with the location for your session. Something casual would be better for a casual setting like a hike/coffee shop/brewery setting. Something more dressed up would be a good fit for locations like The Biltmore Estate of the NC Arboretum.
- People will tell you to wear heavier makeup for photos, but as a photographer I would say keep makeup light and natural. Avoid makeup that is too dark. I promise your natural beauty will shine through.